Nokia Lumia 1020 with 41-megapixel camera launched in India
Today Nokia officially launched its new flagship smartphone, the Nokia Lumia 1020, in India. The Lumia 1020 will be available with retailers across the country starting October 11. Lumia 1020 boasts a class-leading 41-megapixel camera with LED and Xenon flash, Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS), f/2.2 sensor and 3x lossless zoom. It uses a technique called oversampling that combines 7 pixels into 1 super pixel, to create 5-megapixel images that contain the details of a 41-megapixel image.
Lumia 1020 has a 4.5-inch AMOLED (1280×768 pixels) display and is powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor paired with 2GB of RAM. In addition to the aforementioned camera, it also includes a 1.2-megapixel front camera, 32GB of fixed internal memory, NFC connectivity and a 2000mAh battery with support for wireless charging.
The main selling point of the device is its 41-megapixel camera on the back, which features Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), a BSI sensor, and 6-lens optics. It also comes with LED flash and Xenon Flash. The camera will enable users to shoot 38MP photos, while also offering support for full HD video recording.
Lumia 1020 runs on Windows 8 and has 32 GB on board storage. The company has also tied up with Vodafone wherein the customers will get free 2GB of 3G data usage for two months. Customers will also get an application voucher worth Rs 1,000 with the phone.
Specification of Lumia 1020
- 4.5″ AMOLED screen with Clearblack tech (768×1280 pixels), Pixel density: 334 ppi.
- Display features: PureMotion HD+ (Refresh rate 60 Hz), Curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Sunlight readability enhancements.
- Touch screen technology: Super-sensitive touch.
- Main camera sensor: 41 megapixel auto-focus.
- Camera resolution: 7712×5360 pixels.
- Camera features: Optical Image stabilization, PureView, Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6-lens optics.
- Sensor size: 1/1.5 inch, f-number/aperture: f/2.2, Camera focal length: 26 mm.
- Flash Type: Xenon flash, Flash operating range: 4.0 m.
- 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro-USB 2.0 port, Bluetooth 3.0 Wi-Fi, GPS.
- Battery capacity: 2000 mAh, Wireless charging: Yes, with accessory cover.
- Chipset: 1.5 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, 2 GB of RAM.
- 32 GB internal storage, Lacks micrSD card slot.
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer.
- Platform: Windows Phone 8 GDR 2 (Amber).
Price and availability of Lumia 1020
The price of the device will be disclosed on October 10 but as per estimates, it will be available in the range of Rs 47,000-Rs 48,000.
The Lumia 1020 will be available with retailers across the country starting October 11